Sunday, October 3, 2010

In the Works

A sweet friend and her daughter are making these precious bracelets to remind people to pray for Connor and to help raise money to bring Connor home!  She is making them in all colors and one bracelet has a "C" charm and the other has a "Believe" charm.  They have been very popular here in Midland!!  If you are interested in purchasing one of these beautiful bracelets for $10.00 you can contact Denise Wigginton at dwbwaz@yahoo.com

Things with the adoption continue to flow smoothly and quickly!!  Our home study should be complete within the next few days!  Matt and I had our physicals and psychological evaluations done this week - and all is well with these.  We should have the majority of the Dossier paperwork completed within the next few days.  After this we will just be waiting on clearance from the FBI on our background checks.  WE ARE GETTING CLOSER!!!!  Our prayers right now focus on Russia being satisfied with the paperwork received from the adoption agency.

As of today God has blessed our adoption account with $18,379 in less than two months!!  WOW!!  Once again the only way to explain this is it is truly a God thing!  Matt and I are completely humbled by the amount of people who have not only provided financially but also being prayer warriors for us and Connor.  Thank you so so much!  We are having a Sunday School Garage Sale October 16 at 2611 North Midland Drive.  If you are in the area please stop by or if you have anything you would like to donate the location will be available starting the week before the sale.  If you have any questions on the garage sale you can contact Matt at mhogg1@yahoo.com

A great friend shared this with me and I wanted to share it with you!  It is from "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young and is written from Jesus' perspective.
"Living in dependence on Me is a glorious adventure.  Most people scurry around busily, trying to accomplish things through their own strength and ability.  Some succeed enormously; others fail miserably.  But both groups miss what life is meant to be:  living and working in collaboration with Me.

When you depend on Me continually, your whole perspective changes.  You see miracles happening all around, while others see only natural occurrences and "coincidences."  You begin each day with joyful expectation, watching to see what I will do.  You accept weakness as a gift from Me, knowing that my power plugs in most readily to consecrated weakness.  You keep you plans tentative, knowing that My plans are far superior.  You consciously live, move, and have your being in Me, desiring that I live in you.  I in you, and you in Me.  This is the intimate adventure I offer you."

Have a blessed week!

1 comment:

  1. What a great quote. That is something I keep being reminded of in these last few months, and have been trying to learn in the last few years. . . "Shane, depend on Me in everything, and I'll do way more than you can imagine." We get to see this unfold before our very eyes in this situation with Connor. Getting closer on the money, and looking forward to seeing God provide the remaining funds for everything to come together!

    Shane Stokes

    ReplyDelete